Two popular methods of driving industrial traffic to your B2B website are Search Engine Optimization…
Industrial marketing is different for mining equipment, machine tools and chemical processing equipment. We’ll review what is and isn’t working in industrial marketing trends.
A short history of Lohre & Associates:
- —1996 Second Wind, small agency coaching
- —9-11-2001 The end of growth
- —2002 Goal: More control over business growth
- —2002 EDOC Outsourcing call center
- —2004 Society for Marketing Professional Services (Engineers, Architects, Builders)
- —2008 Recession, things got worse
- —2009 Green Building initiative
- —2013 Hubspot
Green Marketing – A Tough Market
- —Two major LEED projects went way over budget.
- —Market can’t cover our cost – ½ of what it needs to be.
- —Few passionate residential or small business owners. One in a thousand.
- —Large local food movement – Earth Day
- —Commercial and institutional only, they are too large for us
- —Still searching for a building material client
Hubspot is Good Internet Marketing
- —Up to date internet marketing strategies
- —Structured marketing framework
- —Adaptable to industrial products & services
- —Focused on “considered” sales process
- —Excellent training
- —Excellent coaches for clients & prospects
- —Formal growth plan
Does Blogging and Social Media Work?
- —Post three times a week
- —Share across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- —Follow Cocktail Party Rule, 1 for you, 2 for guests
- —Keep it very educational & technical
- —Monitor and interact with Social Media
- —90% of internet content doesn’t get shared
- —Google pays a lot of attention to a small amount of sharing and commenting
Hubspot Strategy Can Add Value
- —The agencies that apply this sales process have been able to fundamentally change the way they sell
- —Stop selling one off projects to selling to retainers
- —Increasing the size of their retainers
- —Retainers are capitalized income and the most valuable thing for an agency’s net worth
Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS)
- —The best marketing methods for large expensive products or projects
- —Starts with defining a real market need
- —And then gives you the skills to fill that need
- —Excellent for all licensed professionals such as lawyers, doctors, scientists, administrators, as well as architects, contractors and engineers
The biggest thing we have learned recently is that internet marketing isn’t the best for industrial marketing communication firms. We have gotten one recent account from our web site, but more recently we have also gotten clients from referrals and targeted direct mail. So the most important thing for any company is to know what works for them.